The people behind the scenes
That I would be lost without
Without the most fantastic team helping me out I would never have been able to receive the opportunities I have done or to have competed to the level I'm at now. My family are the basis of the team and helped and guided by my fantastic trainers and sponsors
- Ernest Dillon - Ernest is my longest standing trainer having coached me since I was 10. He has improved my show jumping riding beyond recognition, but not only that he has improved my philosophy and my attitude which has probably been the most important lesson to allow my riding to be what it is today. I can't recommend Ernest enough as I always come out of lessons knowing the horses and I are better for it, and I wish I could have more lessons!
Find out more by visiting his website;
- Tracy Brown - I started having lessons with Tracy in late 2010. She helped me improve Ozzie's dressage beyond recognition - he was regularly going out and receiving low 30s scores having rarely got a score in the 30s previously. She has such great depth of knowledge having competed at 4* herself and she strives for no less than perfect which is ideal. Tracy's lessons are always enjoyable and educational and she is not worried to keep working until a goal is achieved.
Find out more by visiting her website; www.tracybrownequestrian.co.uk
- Jenny Watson - I only started having lessons with Jenny at the start of 2013, but as a result I feel my dressage riding has gone from strength to strength. She is always very encouraging and is able to provide me with exercises to do based on what I tell her I am feeling. Another winter of training and we will be able to go and post sub 30s dressage scores on a regular basis in 2014
- I have also been lucky to receive coaching from Andrew Murphy, Caroline Jeanne and Tania Grantham among many others.
- Mum - well not only does she have to put up with me but she is groom, trainer, lorry driver and chiropractor extraordinaire among many other things! She has ferried me round to competitions and many a training session since the beginning. Her experience means she is always there to give advice if it is needed and even if I don't always show it I appreciate everything she has done for me.
- Liz - My aunt has played a huge part in my riding career since the beginning. I am privileged to be able to keep my horses on her and my uncle's land. Liz and Kari have been extremely kind to me over the years and in 2012 bought me Coco to ride. With the experience I have already gained from him, I owe them a lot. Liz also has a great depth of knowledge and experience and I am lucky to have her and mum to ask for advice on anything horse related.
- Katie - My cousin Katie keeps me sane and drives me mad! At 13, she is becomming quite a little jockey - although unlikely to want to take the eventing world by storm just yet, she is very talented on the flat. She loves nothing more than coming with me to competitions and helping groom and she is very good at it! We also have great fun hacking out together and it makes the cold, wet winter days that bit more bearable!
- Granny - Granny has probably been my number one fan throughout my career so far. She loves coming to watch me whether it be lessons or competitions and she even bought Ozzie and Lily for me. I have relied on her to drop me here and take me there whilst mum has been working and I couldn't have done a lot of what I have without her support.